We carry a range of gas burners for fireplaces. We know that when choosing a gas burner, you're looking for a specific set of features among a high-quality guarantee. Our fireplace burners come to you from Real Fyre, a leading manufacturer of fireplace products. Real Fyre products are known for their durability, quality and aesthetic, and we're proud to be an official reseller of a variety of Real Fyre fireplace products.
When choosing a gas burner, one of the first places you'll narrow your options is whether the product you need is vented or vent-free. If you're starting from scratch with your fireplace design and you're looking at both as an option, here are some facts about vented and vent-free burners that might help you make your decision.
Vented Fireplace Burners
1. A vented burner will always create a more natural and realistic flame. That's because the fire in a vented setup can move more realistically around the logs, wrapping around the wood or rock in a way that more closely mimics the real thing. So if a traditional ambiance is a must-have for you, a vented fireplace will ultimately be able to provide more of the features you're searching for.
2. A vented burner is only an option if your home currently has a fully functional wood burning fireplace or if you can install one. Even the more clean-burning vented burners produce emissions that are not safe for you to breathe, so you'll need a chimney that allows byproducts to escape.
3. If you don't have an existing fireplace or you're not sure whether or not you should utilize the existing place for a new fireplace, a third detail to consider is the amount of heat that escapes with a vented versus a non-vented fireplace option. Since vented fireplaces have a clear path to the outside of your home, it's inevitable that a certain portion of the heat your fireplace creates will escape. If heat is most important to you, ventless may be the way to go. However, if ventless isn't an option, your best alternative will be to choose a vented burner that generates high BTUs such as a G52 burner.
Vent-Free Fireplace Burners
1. A vent-free burner will naturally deliver more heat to your home. Because nothing escapes, all of the thermal energy created by the flame is kept inside. That means more heat for your home, which makes ventless a great choice in areas with long winters.
2. If you're looking for a vent-free feature that's purely aesthetic and doesn’t generate a lot of heat, don't despair. To enjoy the fireplace atmosphere without all of the fireplace heat, simply choose a ventless burner that doesn't generate a lot of BTUs, such as the G8E.
3. Finally, a vent-free fireplace cannot be installed in all states. State and local codes may prohibit you entirely from owning a ventless fireplace, so be sure to check in with a local expert to confirm whether this is an option for you.
We carry a range of vented and ventless fireplace burners for natural gas and propane. Browse each product for individual technical specs, from the burner's available sizes, control options and BTUs to available add-ons.
Still not sure which option suits your needs best? Feel free to contact us, we're here to help!